D’Asign Source, a leading family owned design-build Construction Company in the Florida Keys, is looking for a dynamic, talented, experienced and extremely motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to join our finance department. The Accounts Payable Specialist should have 2 or more years of accounting experience with progressive responsibilities.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be in charge of, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays vendors by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Assist in the month and year end close process
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Process inter-company reconciliations
- Assist with reconciling Balance Sheet accounts
- Assist in Job costing/accounting, A/P, and A/R functions as needed.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Qualified Candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience
- Experience working with accounting computer systems.
- Experience and understanding of general ledger accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel and Word
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, customers, vendors, and the general public
- Very good data entry skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated strategic thinker with exceptional computer and interpersonal skills, strong communication abilities, good analytical skills, and be familiar with a variety of accounting, practices, and procedures and perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Candidates should be extremely detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call us at (305) 743-7130.