Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
- Proficient in current versions of AutoCAD Architecture 2009 or higher, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to actively engage in technical conversations with design staff, ownership, and consultants.
- Able to produce construction documents from conceptual plans and elevations with minimal direct supervision.
- Possess a good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing components and have the ability to design and document these systems for projects.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to lists of materials.
- Analyze technical implications of architect’s design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents and technical reports for specific projects under an architect’s supervision.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Operate computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms and records.
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation in order to graphically represent building plans.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Hard-driving, bright professional who is candid, perceptive, innovative, and takes initiative.
- High level of efficiency, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Able to function in conjunction with other professionals in order to develop an entire project from initial concept to completion
- Degree in architecture from an accredited school is
- Technical degree from a recognized trade school will be considered.
- 5+ years of direct hands on experience in producing construction documents in an architecture office.
- Experience in complex projects, both new construction and renovations.
- Highly experienced in producing construction documents with good knowledge of masonry and wood frame construction and structure.
D’Asign Source offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/vision insurance, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with matching contributions, and professional development program.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job that you are interested in the subject field of your email. Thanks!