D’Asign Source has an immediate opening for an experienced high-end residential Audio Video (AV) systems technician. Installation, programming and high voltage electrical experience preferred. Must have excellent computer and organization skills. Overtime and benefits available.
The AV Technician is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing and troubleshooting electronic, digital, and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain low voltage or low voltage wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- IT support and computer, networking, and infrastructure setup.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including ammeter and test lamps.
- Connect power cables to equipment, such as lights and audio systems.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated ditches, partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
- Monitor sound feeds to ensure quality.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Diagnose and correct media system problems.
- Perform duties on location.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation.
If you are interested in applying for employment at D’Asign Source, please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org