D’Asign Source is offering an outstanding opportunity for a talented and creative professional to apply their knowledge and management skills to contribute to the success of our high-end showroom in Marathon, Florida. As the leading firm for high-end residential and resort design in the Florida Keys, we are seeking the right individual with, experience, knowledge, and passion. D’Asign Source is a long-standing family owned company, which offers furniture, fixtures, and finishes for our retail clients along with full-service architectural design, construction, interior design, and landscaping for new construction and renovations.
Buyer and Inventory Manager of showroom product and display. Responsible for research, selection, and maintenance of inventory for showroom and project sales with display and maintenance of showroom.
- Responsible for all showroom buying and submittal of requisitions to purchasing manager for product purchases.
- Help select vendors, with a focus on suitability for our market, profitability, & exclusivity.
- Regularly review inventory and sales transactions, checking cost and margin, identifying and resolving exceptions and shrinkage; investigate and resolve inventory and sales related issues and provide information to management.
- Setup and manage SKU’s in inventory system on preferred product lines for sales and inventory transactions, and sales analysis.
- Manage inventory count process. Assign count dates and coordinate resources as needed; count merchandise in stock and enter into inventory system. Identify discrepancies in merchandise tagging or SKU’s and work with management to correct recognized inventory issues.
- Overseeing furniture, accessories, and all other products selection, merchandise receipt, inventorying, physical counting, accurate price tagging and showroom placement to ensure optimal assortment in the showroom.
- Setup and rearrangement of displays, merchandising with new arrivals and resetting and display floor merchandise in vignette format.
- Obtain expert level of knowledge in all primary product lines including furniture & accessories, flooring, cabinetry, appliances, lighting, etc… in order to assist and train staff in all facets of the sales and interior design process. Become very familiar with secondary product lines such as A/V & landscape.
- Perform ongoing competitive shopping to stay up on of fashion styles, design trends, market pricing, etc.
- Recommend pricing levels through industry analysis. Develop and implement pricing strategies to meet gross profit goals.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss new projects, products, procedures, and issues as well as to participate or lead in cross-training opportunities, usually in conjunction with a vendor.
- Schedules vendor seminars and meets with vendors in planning and creating furniture displays, reviewing new products or services, pricing and lead times.
- Meet with vendor sales representatives and negotiate purchasing incentives such as additional discounts, co-op advertising dollars, and product exclusivity.
- Become a leader in the Acumatica Sales and Inventory software to work effectively and train staff.
- Assist in product training and ensures all sales floor personnel are properly trained in Acumatica Sales and Purchasing System and tagging of inventory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including: ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing; personable and outgoing in work relationships, both externally and internally; punctual and reliable, efficient and self-organized, perceptive, innovative, enthusiastic to learn, and takes initiative.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Highly proficient computer skills in programs such as: Microsoft Office, Internet, and accounting inventory, sales, and purchasing systems.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Interior Design or related field required; Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- 3 or more years of experience in design, retail showroom buying, merchandising, or settings involving inventory control, logistics and/or supply chain.
In addition to an excellent work environment, we offer a very competitive compensation/benefit package. Our work is challenging and creative – all in the tropical setting of the Florida Keys!
Please forward your resume and portfolio to email@example.com or apply to: D’Asign Source, Attn: HR Dept, 11500 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050. Relocation to the Keys is required.