In business for 57 years, D’Asign Source is a full service, design-forward firm—architecture, planning and permitting, construction, interior design, landscape architecture, and retail furniture showroom—with a reputation for excellence in the Florida Keys. Our projects range from one-of-a-kind custom homes and kitchen remodels to dream outdoor entertainment spaces and home theater installations.
We have an immediate opening for a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented individual with impeccable time-management skills, to direct all financial activities and functions for a Multi Entity Construction and Retail Company. This position is responsible for the overall operations of the Accounting & Finance department reporting directly to the company Vice President.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained for all company entities.
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances.
- Preparation and Presentation of all financial reports and supplementary reports to ownership monthly.
- Provide subject matter expertise on GAAP standards. Accountable for internal controls, auditing practices, and the review of accounting transactions for conformity with these principles.
- Provide leadership and support four Accounting & Finance professionals – Responsible for their day-to-day oversight, management, training, development, and feedback.
- Direct cash management, bank reconciliations, and banking relations.
- Work with outside consultants to maintain and enhance the newly launched accounting system and reporting capabilities.
- Review of property tax bills and monthly sales / use tax filings
- Oversight of the annual financial statement review and income tax preparation with independent CPA firm.
- Partnership with other stakeholders to develop and implement financial reporting and analysis, cost reduction initiatives and revenue enhancement programs
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting – CPA or MBA highly desirable.
- 7-10 years’ experience managing an accounting department
- Strong analytical skills and auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts.
- Highly effective in managing cash flow, invoicing, collection, G/L, A/P and Payroll
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Able to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and others to maximize performance and results.
- Technologically savvy with the ability to manage and manipulate data for financial reporting quickly and effectively.
- Detailed, organized, and communicative.
- Strong Computer Skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of Acumatica (Accounting Software) & Spitfire Construction Management platform is a plus.
If you are interested in applying for employment at D’Asign Source, please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org