D’Asign Source is offering an outstanding opportunity for a talented and creative professional to apply their knowledge, management and creative skills to lead the success of our high-end showroom in Marathon, Florida. As the leading firm for high-end residential and resort design in the Florida Keys, we are seeking the right individual with experience, knowledge, and passion. D’Asign Source is a long-standing family owned company which offers furniture, fixtures, and finishes for our retail clients along with full-service architectural design, construction, interior design, and landscaping for new construction and renovations.
The Design Sales Manager will manage and oversee the Showroom Sales and Interior Design Department. Creating a store with a creative, exciting, and positive shopping environment for our staff and clients, while supporting and training staff to drive them to achieve their goals and to grow company sales and profits.
- Manage sales and design team to meet or exceed monthly & yearly showroom sales goals.
- Become a leader in the Acumatica Sales, Inventory, and Client Relations Management (CRM) software to work effectively and train staff.
- Develop and maintain goals and objectives for each salesperson/designer in conjunction with the company goals and objectives.
- Establish accountability by setting expectations, giving direction, assigning work, maximizing performance through regular teaching sessions, assessing performance through a written review process, and taking corrective action if needed.
- Supervise staff’s work and coordinate with Architectural Management to ensure staff’s accuracy and completeness of Interior Design drawings and program.
- Foster a creative and collaborative team environment.
- Promote teamwork and communication with all other departments and management with emphasis on associated departments such as sales, Architecture, Interior Design, Audio Visual, and Distribution.
- Maintaining high staff retention by maintaining an appealing, positive working environment; commending associates, and rewarding high performers.
- Nurture networking through social & community involvement.
- Ability to thrive in an incentive based compensation structure.
- Assist sales/designers in closing sales.
- Oversee visual merchandising of the store. Reset and display floor merchandise in vignette format. Ensure all items are properly tagged and priced.
- Responsible for all showroom buying and submittal of requisitions to purchasing manager for product purchases.
- Build kitchen and bath, flooring, furniture and accessories, window treatment, mattress, and lighting product sales.
- Obtain expert level of knowledge in all primary product lines including furniture & accessories, flooring, cabinetry, appliances, lighting, etc… in order to assist and train staff in all facets of the sales and interior design process. Become very familiar with secondary product lines such as A/V & landscape.
- Very good computer proficiency, including Accounting and Sales Software, 20-20 cabinet design, AutoCAD, Adobe and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Ensure sales and Interior Designers have the tools and skills to design and sell efficiently and effectively.
- Train sales/designers in all aspects (kitchen and bath/flooring/window coverings/furniture).
- Coach on the selling floor to help sales/designers achieve the desired goals and behaviors.
- Train and support staff on all necessary computer programs, including Acumatica Inventory and Sales Software, 20-20 cabinet design, AutoCAD, Adobe and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Meet or exceed monthly & yearly personal and sales team sales goals while fostering a team work atmosphere.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including: ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing; personable and outgoing in work relationships, both externally and internally; punctual and reliable, efficient and self-organized, perceptive, innovative, enthusiastic to learn, and takes initiative.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited Interior Design school, and/or a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, MBA preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience in Interior Design, showroom sales, and/or management of high end merchandise.
In addition to an excellent work environment, we offer a very competitive compensation/benefit package. Our work is challenging and creative—all in the tropical setting of the Florida Keys!
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to: D’Asign Source, Attn: HR Dept, 11500 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050. Relocation to the Keys is required.