The Electrical Technician is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting high voltage and low voltage systems. This Technician is a professional with trade experience and high-end residential and commercial work proficiency. Knowledge of low-voltage audio/video and data systems are also required.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting, individually and within a team.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including ammeter and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as lights and audio systems.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated ditches, partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Diagnose and correct media system problems.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work in tight spaces and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
D’Asign Source offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/vision insurance, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with matching contributions, and professional development program.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job that you are interested in the subject field. Thanks!