D’Asign Source is offering an outstanding opportunity for a talented and creative professional to apply their knowledge, management, and creative skills to lead the success of our projects and assist in our high-end showroom in Marathon, Florida. As the leading firm for high-end residential and resort design in the Florida Keys, we are seeking the right individual with experience, knowledge, and passion. D’Asign Source is a long-standing family owned company which offers furniture, fixtures, and finishes for our clients along with full-service architectural design, construction, interior design, and landscaping for new construction and renovations.
The Interior Design Manager will manage projects and oversee the Interior Design Department and assist in Showroom Sales. Managing projects and staff on custom high-end residential interiors along with remodeling projects; exhibiting a creative, exciting, and positive experience for our staff and clients, while supporting and training staff to drive them to achieve their goals and to grow company sales and profits.
- Manage Interior Design and assist sales team to meet or exceed monthly & yearly sales goals.
- Develop and maintain goals and objectives for each salesperson/designer in conjunction with the company goals and objectives.
- Establish accountability by setting expectations, giving direction, assigning work, maximizing performance through regular teaching sessions, assessing performance through a written review process, and taking corrective action if needed.
- Meet or exceed monthly & yearly personal and team sales goals while fostering a team work atmosphere.
- Personally manage design projects and assist sales/designers in their projects and in closing new sales.
- Supervise staff’s work and coordinate with Architectural Management to ensure staff’s accuracy and completeness of Interior Design drawings and program.
- Promote teamwork and communication with all other departments and management with emphasis on associated departments such as sales, Architecture, Interior Design, Audio Visual, and Distribution.
- Foster a creative and collaborative team environment.
- Project Manage and maintain quality control on all Interior Design drawings, interior selections & finishes, and product installation.
- Maintain high staff retention by maintaining an appealing, positive working environment; commending associates, and rewarding high performers.
- Ability to thrive in an incentive-based compensation structure.
- Assist in showroom buying and submittal of requisitions to purchasing manager for product purchases.
- Obtain expert level of knowledge in all primary product lines including furniture & accessories, flooring, cabinetry, appliances, lighting, etc… in order to assist and train staff in all facets of the sales and interior design process. Become very familiar with secondary product lines such as A/V & landscape.
- Train sales/designers in all aspects (such as: kitchen and bath/flooring/window coverings/furniture)
- Lead sales and design meetings and give positive reinforcement to team members. Coach to help sales/designers achieve the desired goals and behaviors.
- Become a leader in design and business software. Train and support staff on all necessary computer programs, including Acumatica Inventory, Sales, & CRM Software, 20-20 cabinet design, AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Increase design sales and billable hours throughout the team.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited Interior Design school or University, MBA preferred. NCIDQ Qualification required.
- 8 or more years of experience in Interior Design including extensive experience in Computer Aided Design (CAD) with some hand drafting and hand rendering, with 3 or more years managing staff. Additional sales experience and/or management of high end merchandise a plus.
- Excellent computer proficiency, including Accounting and Sales Software, 20-20 cabinet design, AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including: ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing; personable and outgoing in work relationships, both externally and internally; punctual and reliable, efficient and self-organized, perceptive, innovative, enthusiastic to learn, and takes initiative.
In addition to an excellent work environment, we offer a very competitive compensation/benefit package. Our work is challenging and creative – all in the tropical setting of the Florida Keys!
Please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to: D’Asign Source, Attn: HR Dept, 11500 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050. Relocation to the Keys is required.