D’Asign Source is offering an outstanding opportunity for a talented and creative professional to apply their knowledge and creative skills to contribute to the success of our high-end design center in Marathon, Florida. As the leading firm for high-end residential and resort design in the Florida Keys, we are seeking the right individual with, experience, knowledge, and passion. D’Asign Source offers full-service architectural design, construction, interior design, and landscaping new construction and renovations. We also offer furniture, fixtures, and finishes for our retail clients.
An Interior Designer performs a wide variety of creative and administrative functions including duties relating to determining client’s needs, proposing finish selections, processing sales orders, preparing project designs and plans utilizing design related software and following through to delivery and/or completion to customers’ satisfaction. The ideal candidate is an Interior Design professional who possesses a good sales background and a history of achievement in quality projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office programs; Revit a plus.
- Good knowledge of furnishings, materials, finishes, and detailing.
- Confident in selecting and developing interior finishes, specifications packages, color palettes, and finish boards for clients.
- Comfortable with both presentations and technical conversations with clients, design staff, ownership, vendors and consultants.
- High level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of architectural/interior design concepts, practices, and construction documents, detailing, and practices.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries, assesses customers’ needs by asking probing questions as to intended use, style, timeframe for delivery, etc, and makes appropriate recommendations. May involve visit to customers’ homes or job sites.
- Promotes a total solution approach by including cabinetry, plumbing fixtures, lighting, carpeting, tile, window coverings, furniture, and accessories, etc…
- Prepares presentation(s) for customers, utilizing AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or other related software, entering pricing information into a computer sales system, spreadsheets, and creating a presentation boards or booklets.
- Creates, processes, and monitors sales and/or purchase orders for customers’ selections and orders, including receiving payments and obtaining credit authorizations. Tracks progress of ordered items and contacts customers upon arrival of the items.
- Meets project managers and installers at site with the plans to coordinate, supervise, and troubleshoot installations.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss new projects, procedures, and issues, as well as to participate or lead in cross-training opportunities, usually in conjunction with a vendor.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to design and sell.
- Good math skills sufficient to calculate accurate price quotes, discounts, percentages, and areas.
- Able to function in conjunction with other professionals in a team environment in order to create the highest quality work.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Experience in sourcing, bidding, pricing, cost analysis, purchasing and procurement, order follow-up, scheduling, and installation.
- Good knowledge of architectural/interior design concepts, practices; and construction documents, detailing, and practices.
- Ability to thrive in an incentive-based compensation structure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including: ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing; personable and outgoing in work relationships, both externally and internally; punctual and reliable, efficient and self-organized, perceptive, innovative, enthusiastic to learn, and takes initiative.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited Interior Design school.
- State of Florida Interior Design license preferred and NCIDQ certification a plus.
- 5+ years in relevant Interior Design experience with minimum 2 years in a sales environment of a high-end store, gallery, or showroom. Additional background in sales or customer service preferred.
In addition to an excellent work environment, we offer a very competitive compensation/benefit package. Our work is challenging and creative—all in the tropical setting of the Florida Keys!
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or to: D’Asign Source, Attn: HR Dept, 11500 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050. Relocation to the Keys is required.