Performs a variety of support tasks (both on-site and remotely), including analyzing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting of PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices for the entire organization.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Primary resource for managing Help Desk ticket queues. Evaluates and escalates support requests as needed.
- Provide technical assistance for all IT related hardware (phones, AV equipment, printers, PCs, copiers, webcams)
- Provide hands-on and remote support for Windows, systems in an Active Directory environment, Office 365, and network connectivity.
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors when appropriate to resolve user issues.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution in the help desk ticketing system.
- Ensure that all Incidents are promptly and accurately documented so that up-to-date information is available at all times. Track Incident from the first report to resolution
- Follow-up on resolved Incidents to check the quality, get user concurrence of incident closure, and report user satisfaction
- Establish (or update existing ones) and maintain data in a knowledgebase document to capture best practices resolutions to facilitate quicker diagnosis and resolution for future similar incidents
- Provide proactive equipment maintenance to make sure PC’s/ Laptop’s, printers and other hardware are functioning properly. Take measures to avoid downtime and monitor to keep things running smoothly
- Proactively communicate with satellite sites to identify support needs unique to each location.
- Ensure all our Zoom-based conference rooms are working and ready for use every day.
- Ensure all on-site printers are working and ready for use every day
- Stay up to date technological advancements and trends in IT support.
- User Training and Asset Management
- Provides ad hoc end user training as needed to promote future “self-troubleshooting”
- Conduct Training sessions to end-users on hardware functionality and software programs
- Assist with new user training and onboarding
- Assist with training documentation
- Assist with asset management, to include receiving, unpacking, and inventorying new equipment
- Assist in the creation and documentation of user machine specification and troubleshooting related to unique specifications
- Setup and image new machines for both on site users, and ship new machines to remote locations
- Deploy new PC’s to internal and billable staff, and ensure quality of systems being deployed
- Work to reduce the number of escalations by performing cross-training and knowledge transfer
- Assist with the cleaning and redeployment of past employee machines
- Manage the deployment of subscription-based software licenses based on user role and job function
- Assist with creating and updating knowledge base articles that promote user “self-troubleshooting”
- Network and Firm-Wide Support
- Assist in firm wide project rollouts
- Assist in new software and hardware vetting, testing, training and implementations
- Recommend network modifications to reduce user problems based on empirical Help Desk issues
- Under supervision execute assigned projects related to network upgrade and evolutions
- 3+ years of experience in supporting firm-wide users both in person and remotely
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Has knowledge of commonly-used computer use concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience in AEC industry preferred
- Experience providing Help Desk support to AutoCad and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with Active Directory Users and Groups Management (ie – edit accounts, manage memberships, disable users, etc).
- Preferred Skills:
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals – MS-900
- Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator – MD-100, MD-101)
- Strong prioritization skills – understands “urgent” vs “URGENT,” and allocating time appropriately
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to take direction
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Takes initiative in improving the team, improving the user experience, and improving your personal skill-set.
- Ability to carry, lift, and move users equipment and network equipment.
- Full time, on site.
- Attends and complete training, seminars, meetings, and other opportunities for increased product knowledge.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, stoop, lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, and 100 + pounds with the help of others as needed.
D’Asign Source offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/vision insurance, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with matching contributions, and professional development program.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com. Please list the job that you are interested in the subject field of your email. Thanks!