Greet and assist clients on the sales floor and by telephone in regards to their outdoor designs and needs by acting as a product and application expert, who provides total design solutions for customers. Determines needs, helps with selections, processes sales orders, prepares project designs and plans utilizing computer assisted design (CAD) software and equipment and follows through until delivery and/or completion to customer’s satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet and assists clients on the sales floor and by telephone in regards to their outdoor décor and design needs.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries, assesses customers’ needs by asking probing questions as to intended use, style, timeframe for delivery, square footage, ect, and make appropriate recommendations. May involve visit to customers’ homes or job sites.
- Assesses client’s needs and provides guidance in selecting solutions to those needs. Provides alternative recommendations where appropriate.
- Responds to customers’ inquiries in regards to style, timeframes, budget ect.
- Prepares presentation(s) for customers, utilizing AutoCAD and related software and equipment, entering pricing information in to a computer sales system, spreadsheets, and creating a presentation boards or booklets.
- Proposed new lines, products, or relationships with new vendors as appropriate.
- Maintains the showroom floor orderly and catalogs and price lists and product pricing updated. Enters inventory in formation in to the appropriate database, including special order items.
- Creates, processes, and monitors sales and/or purchase orders for customers’ selections and orders, including receiving payments and obtaining credit authorizations.
- Track progress of ordered items and contacts customers upon arrival of the items.
- Resolves customers’ complaints regarding delivery of damage or incorrect merchandise.
- Obtains approval to proceed with modifications, which may involve the use of Excel Spreadsheets and Word Documents.
- Obtains final measurements from construction blueprints or may visit job site for re-measurement and evaluation.
- Reviews plans with customers, makes revisions, and prepares final designs and budgets for approval.
- Maintains a permanent set of construction documents at the job site.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss new projects, procedures, and issues, as well as to participate or lead in cross-training opportunities, usually in conjunction with a vendor.
- Provides assistance to other sales associates in carrying out the total solution approach.
- Attends and complete training, seminars, meetings, and other opportunities for increased product knowledge.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Design or related field from an accredited school preferred.
- 5+ years in relevant Landscape/Outdoor Environments experience with minimum 2-3 years in a retail sales environment of a high end store or showroom. Additional background in retail sales or customer service preferred.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to sell.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Good knowledge of plant materials, outdoor furniture, sculpture, and accessories, landscape and hardscape design, and construction specifications as they relate to landscape and outdoor environments.
- Experience in sourcing, project measuring, bidding, pricing, cost analysis, purchasing and procurement, order follow-up, scheduling, and installation.
- Good math skills sufficient to calculate accurate price quotes, discounts, commissions, percentages, and areas.
- Confident in selecting and developing exterior finishes, specifications packages, plant lists, and presentations for clients.
- Comfortable with both presentations and technical conversations with clients, design staff, ownership, vendors and consultants.
- High level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Experience in designing quality projects in new landscapes, renovations, and enhancements.
- Good knowledge of landscape design concepts, construction documents, detailing, and practices.
- Able to work Saturdays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including: ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing; personable and outgoing in work relationships, both externally and internally; punctual and reliable, efficient and self organized, perceptive, innovative, enthusiastic to learn, and takes initiative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, stoop, lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and 100 + pounds with the help of others on various deliveries.
D’Asign Source offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/vision insurance, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with matching contributions, and professional development program.
If you are interested in applying, please send an email along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job that you are interested in the subject field of your email. Thanks!