The Lead AV Technician is responsible for AV project coordination, managing, designing, installation and customer communication.
- AV system design
- AV customer relations and communication.
- AV Project coordination.
- Microsoft Office 365 project communication and management.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Terminate and test fiber, RJ45, RG6, RG59, RG11, LMR400.
- Inspect AV & IT systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including cable testers.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair low voltage, electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated ditches, partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Diagnose and correct media system problems.
- Perform duties on location.
- 5 years’ experience in AV home automation and installation.
- Proficient in operating PC, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- T. and AV certifications in network administration and home automation such as Lutron, URC, and PNCA.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work in tight spaces and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
D’Asign Source offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/vision insurance, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with matching contributions, and professional development program.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com. Please list the job that you are interested in the subject field of your email. Thanks!