Greets and assists customers on the sales floor, determines needs, designs and proposes solutions to customers home decor needs, helps with selections, processes sales orders, and follows through until delivery and installation to customers’ satisfaction.
- Greets and assists clients on the showroom floor in regard to their interior décor, finish, & design needs.
- Work within the showrooms’ indoor and outdoor furniture; tile, stone, & rug; window and wall covering; kitchen & bath departments.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products and materials available on the market
- Assists with the preparation of detailed working drawings designs plans models and schemes.
- Assists with the development of interiors concepts based on client vision desire and architectural concept.
- Work with Architectural design team to suggest finishes and textures for projects.
- Prepares presentation(s) for customers, utilizing AutoCAD and related software and equipment, Adobe In Design and Photoshop, entering pricing information into a computer sales system, spreadsheets, and creating a presentation boards or booklets.
- Proposes new lines, products, or relationships with new vendors as appropriate.
- Maintains the showroom floor orderly and catalogs and price lists and product pricing updated. Enters inventory information into the appropriate database, including special order items.
- Obtains approvals to proceed with modifications, which may involve the use of Excel Spreadsheets and Word Documents.
- Obtains final measurements from construction blueprints or may visit job site for re-measurement and evaluation.
- Assists warehouse staff during furniture and other installations and checks for damages and quality.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss new projects, procedures, and issues, as well as to participate or lead in cross-training opportunities, usually in conjunction with a vendor.
- Attends and complete training, seminars, meetings, and other opportunities for increased product knowledge.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 4 year College Degree from an accredited Design School preferred, or a 2-year College degree in a design or building-related program.
- Two or more years experience in interior design or home décor and finish retail sales, preferably working frequently and closely with a discerning clientele.
- Good knowledge in home furnishing and accessories, floor coverings, window and wall coverings, lighting and plumbing fixtures.
- Experience with installations of finish products.
- Additional background in sales or customer service preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to design and sell.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of the product lines offered.
- Able to provide price quotes in a manner that is timely and will prevent errors, including math skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers and fractions, and calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, and volume.
- Good computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office. Knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, a plus.
D’Asign Source offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical/vision insurance, Life and LTD insurance, 401k with matching contributions, and professional development program.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com. Please list the job that you are interested in the subject field of your email. Thanks!