D’Asign Source is excited to award two $2,500 “Palmerino D’Ascanio Memorial Scholarships” to local Marathon High School Seniors in honor of the D’Ascanio family patriarch. Applications are due by May 1st, 2021. Details below.
Palmerino “Rino” D’Ascanio was a respected and loved man by every life that he touched. Emigrating from Italy to the Florida Keys just after World War II, he raised a family (of MHS graduates) and built a family business from the ground up (read more of his story in a past D’Asign Times). Creating something from nothing takes an extremely motivated work spirit. That is what this scholarship recognizes: those who possess great pride in their work ethic, and strive to better the lives of those around them and the lives of those to come.
How to Apply:
Please compose a letter to the D’Ascanio family, responding to the below items (limit your letter to two typed pages, single-sided, 12pt font).
- Name, address, email, and phone number.
- Unweighted and weighted GPA.
- SAT and/or ACT scores.
- List any honors you may have received.
- List any school activities and clubs that you have participated in.
- List and describe any community service hours performed while in high school.
- Describe any work experience you may have had while in high school.
- Have you saved any money towards your college education? How will this scholarship assist any savings or financial plans you may have?
- Please share your educational goals and your chosen field of study if known.
- Please share any special family circumstances that have made an impact on your life.
- Write a short essay describing your “family values and personal work ethic,” complementary to the scholarship description above.
Remember that your entire response for all items above is limited to two typed pages, single-sided, with 12-point font. You are not required to fill the entire two pages.
Please submit your application at the D’Asign Source showroom, 11500 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050 Attn: Mary Lewis.
The D’Ascanio Family
The Palmerino D’Ascanio Memorial Scholarship is a nondiscriminatory scholarship opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, national origin, gender, or disability.